Friday, March 9, 2012

What Blogs Say

Contrary to what everyone thinks or says, Fashion is much more about being shallow or appearances. It is in your eyes, your opinions, books, films, art and everything around you. Layering a tweed skirt over a sequinned sweater is not just intelligent styling but having the vision to see beyond a black and white combination. Fashion mirrors global trends. Recession, world wars and weather all have an impact on how we dress. Here are some delightful blogs that depict fashion and much more. My recent find and what a fresh take on dressing, Tuula Vintage. I love the way the blog is so casual and personal. Another favorite is this wonderful blog called The Coveteur. When it comes to a successful blog, it has to be engaging and true to its theme. You can have an interesting layout but if the content is old, no one will visit your blog. You need to be relevant and update the blog as often as you can. After reading these blogs, I often feel my sartorial choices are very limited. I don't know any vintage markets or shops and I refrain from street shopping because it disappoints me often. I think, I don't see with the right eyes. It's all about understanding what matches and what fits where. I know I have had a post earlier about this, but am still lusting for a red lace dress. 

No comments:

Post a Comment